Who do I contact if I find a sick or dead bird?
The California Department of Food & Agriculture (CDFA) has a "State Bird Hotline" (866-922-2473) which provides information in both English and Spanish. People can call this number to quickly report sick or dead poultry, wild birds, or pet birds. The public can also obtain information on how to know when their birds are sick and how to protect their birds from disease. If you suspect mosquitoes are involved, please call 1-877-968-2473.

Show All Answers

1. What is a cord of firewood?
2. How can you make sure you are getting what you pay for when buying firewood?
3. What is a Private Applicator Certificate (PAC) and who needs one?
4. What is an Operator ID and who needs one?
5. What is a Pest Control Adviser?
6. Is there an application fee for a pesticide permit?
7. When are pesticide use reports due?
8. What is the Agricultural Pest Detection Program (Why is There a Trap in My Yard)?
9. Who do I contact if I find a sick or dead bird?
10. Can I bring in a spider, bug or weed to be identified?
11. What payment methods are accepted by your department?
12. What is your mailing address?
13. What is your fax number?
14. I have an 18 gallon gas tank, but the pump says I put 18.5 gallons into my empty tank. Is this possible?
15. Who do I call if I have a wildlife issue like a raccoon or opossum?