Why do I have to participate if I am already working?
Every adult (unless exempt) is required to participate in Welfare to Work if he/she is receiving cash aid (TANF/CalWORKs) benefits. The idea is to help each individual become self-sufficient. If you have a job but still need cash aid benefits to assist your family, you may be able to benefit from taking a few college classes in order to increase your earning potential. We may also be able to assist you in providing additional supportive services.

Show All Answers

1. How will I be able to participate in the program without transportation or child care?
2. What will I be expected to do in the Welfare to Work Program?
3. Why do I have to participate if I am already working?
4. I was in foster care, am I eligible for ILP?
5. I heard that you can find former foster youth a place to live, is that true?
6. Is ILP just another boring class that I have to go to?
7. What are the requirements for medical assistance, Food Stamps, County Medical Services or Cal Works programs?
8. How do I get MediCal for my aged parents?
9. I am receiving Social Security benefits. Can I get Food Stamp benefits?
10. I have MediCal now. What is a MediCal Share of Cost (SOC)?
11. Can I have a job and still get Food Stam benefits?