Substance Use Disorders (SUD) & Services
Substance Use Disorders (SUD) provides adult and youth outpatient services for those experiencing problems associated with alcohol and other drug use, including individual and group counseling along with relapse prevention. Services for court ordered programs are also provided. Referrals to residential treatment and sober living homes are made when appropriate.
SUD provides the community with an assortment of services which include:
- Adult Outpatient
- Youth Outpatient
- Youth Prevention and Strategic Prevention
- Friday Night Live, Club Live, and Mentoring Youth Program
- DUI Program / Native Solutions (nativesolutionscenter.com)
- Prop 36
- Drug Court
- Perinatal Services (for expecting mothers)
Adult outpatient services include individual and group services.
Relapse prevention groups are also offered to provide education as to the dangers of using alcohol, tobacco and other drugs.
Youth outpatient services include individual and group services.
Relapse prevention groups are also offered to provide education as to the dangers of using alcohol, tobacco and other drugs to school age youth. There are weekly meetings and activities on three school campuses.
Youth Prevention and Strategic Prevention follows a five-year plan to reduce underage drinking by changing community awareness. The plan seeks to establish a broad coalition of interested adults and youth members to help effect positive change for Mariposa County.
Other youth programs include Friday Night Live and a Mentoring Youth Program
Court-ordered programs include:
- PC1000 For first offenders who are given deferred sentences. Charges are often dropped if the offender completes the program.
- Prop 36 A Substance Abuse and Crime Prevention Act (SACPA) program for offenders on formal or informal probation who agree to treatment in lieu of jail.
- Drug Court For persons who have not been successful with other treatment programs and who need closer supervision to maintain sobriety and stay out of jail.
For more information about any SUD program, please contact Todd Davidson, SW Supervisor II, at 209-966-2000.