Children, Youth and Teen Info
Vaccines for Children 6 Months - 5 Years
Both Pfizer and Moderna have been authorized for young children by the FDA with recommendations from the FDA advisory committee, CDC vaccine advisory committee, CDC, Western States Scientific Safety Review Group, and CDPH.
click here FOR MORE INFORMATION ON VACCINE & booster eligibility FOR kids
Use this helpful COVID-19 Vaccine & Booster Timeline Guide to find vaccine recommendations for Children & Teens.
Check out this Questions & Answers document (Spanish Version), and this CDPH Pfizer Fact Sheet for youth ages 5-11 (Spanish Version). The CDC offers information and guidance on COVID-19 vaccines for Children and Teens
child care settings
Are vaccines safe for Children and Teens?
Before recommending COVID-19 vaccination for children, scientists conducted clinical trials. The FDA gave the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine emergency authorization to use in children ages 6 months - 15 years of age and full approval to use in people ages 16 years and older. Learn more about the process of developing, authorizing, and approving COVID-19 vaccines.
The benefits of COVID-19 vaccination outweigh the known and potential risks. Children ages 5 years and older are encouraged to get a COVID-19 vaccine as soon as possible. Visit this CDC page to learn more about COVID-19 Vaccine Safety in Children and Teens.
HOW DO I SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT FOR MY CHILD OR TEEN?
HELP PROTECT YOUR CHILD, YOUR FAMILY AND OTHERS
STAYING SAFE AT SCHOOL
- COVID-19 GUIDANCE & RESOURCES - SCHOOLS, GENERAL PUBLIC, BUSINESS SECTOR Click here to view additional COVID-19 Guidance
- TIME for Kids: Dr. Janet Woodcock, FDA Acting Commissioner Article and Video 4:42 min
- Valley Children's Healthcare webpage
- Valley Children's Video: 3 Things to know about COVID-19 Vaccines for Kids (Part 1)
Youtube video 1 min
- Valley Children's Video: 3 Things to know about COVID-19 Vaccines for Kids (Part 2)
Youtube video 1 min
- American Academy of Pediatrics: COVID-19 and kids: How mRNA vaccines work
Youtube video 2:53 min
- American Academy of Pediatrics, CDC Advisory Committee Approves Safe, Effective COVID-19 Vaccine for Children Ages 5-11, Article @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>