IHSS Provider Orientation
Please use our web-based IHSS online orientation process to take your first step towards becoming an independent IHSS provider.
Please read the following instructions carefully. This website is to be used by caregivers or "providers" of the In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) program in Mariposa County ONLY.
State law requires that all IHSS providers complete enrollment and pass a DOJ background check before they are eligible to be paid by the IHSS program.
To become an IHSS provider in Mariposa County, complete the following steps:
1. Use the Mariposa County IHSS Provider Enrollment website:
- Select the “Continue to Enrollment” link below to view the required enrollment videos, complete some enrollment forms electronically, and schedule your appointment for Live Scan fingerprinting.
- Once your Live Scan fingerprinting has been scheduled, a public authority staff member will contact you to schedule an appointment to complete the IHSS Provider Enrollment Process. These appointments are held on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of every month.
- The online system will allow you to complete the website orientation and return later to reschedule or change your in-office appointment for your Live Scan fingerprinting. You will need to contact the Public Authority at 1-833-423-0816, if you need to reschedule your appointment to complete the IHSS Provider Enrollment Process.
2. Bring the following documents to your in-office appointments:
- A valid government issued photo ID, Driver’s License, or US Passport.
- An original Social Security Card with your name as it appears on your government issued ID or Driver’s License – we cannot accept a copy.
3. During your in-office appointment to complete the IHSS Provider Enrollment Process:
- You will meet with a staff member from the IHSS Public Authority who will scan your Government Issued Photo ID and original Social Security card.
- You will sign the I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification and the NVRA Voter Preference forms.
Important... if you do not present a valid government issued photo ID, Driver's License, or US Passport and your original Social Security card during your in-office appointment, your enrollment will be incomplete and your appointment will need to be rescheduled.
4. If you have already identified an IHSS Recipient that you would like to provide care for, please observe the following steps:
- Pick up linking paperwork at the Mariposa County Health & Human Services front desk, or contact the Public Authority to have the linking paperwork mailed out to you.
- Mail or submit your completed linking paperwork to the Mariposa County Health & Human Services front desk or drop box.
-The linking paperwork will include the SOC-426A, PA-21, DE-4 and IRS W-4 form. These forms tell IHSS that the Recipient has hired you to be their provider, gives us your start date, and is used to initiate your payroll once all steps have been completed.
5. Once you have completed your enrollment, been cleared through the Department of Justice and are entered into our system:
- You will receive an SOC-2271 Form in the mail with your IHSS provider number. At that time you, can register online for electronic timesheets using the following link: https://www.etimesheets.ihss.ca.gov/login
After you have read these instructions please click on the following link to continue with your enrollment in the Online Provider Orientation:
Questions & Answers:
Question: I cannot find my Social Security Card.
Answer: Visit the Social Security Office and apply for your replacement card. They will provide you with a replacement card within 7 to 14 days—DO NOT schedule an appointment until you have an original Social Security Card.
Question: I already had a background check done for another job – do I need to do it again?
Answer: Yes. Everyone applying to be an IHSS Independent Provider must have a background check.
Question: I am starting to work for a second IHSS consumer, do I need to do the enrollment a second time?
Answer: No. An IHSS caregiver or provider only needs to enroll one time to be allowed to be paid by the IHSS program. It does not matter how many IHSS consumers you work for.
Question: It has been over a year since I was paid as an IHSS caregiver, do I need to do the enrollment a second time?
Answer: Possibly. Please contact the Public Authority (209) 742-0985. A staff member can verify whether or not you need to complete the enrollment process again.
If your Question is not answered here, call the Public Authority Enrollment phone line at (209) 742-0985 (we can only answer questions about the Provider or Caregiver Enrollment steps).
Visit the Public Authority Services website to learn more about the Independent Provider Registry, training, and other services related to the IHSS program.
For questions about provider payroll, timesheets, to speak with a social worker about authorized hours or to apply to receive IHSS services, call the IHSS office at:1-833-423-0816.
LINK: CONTINUE TO ENROLLMENT