The Road Division has four main areas of responsibility; they consist of engineering and project management, signs and striping, brush and vegetation, and four general maintenance crews. The division currently has 33 full-time employees responsible for 560 miles of roadway.
Some specific duties within the division include the following:
- Planning, designing, constructing, and inspecting all road and bridge projects.
- Preparing a three-year plan outlining proposed road and bridge projects
- Acquiring necessary permanent and temporary easements.
- Providing County road maintenance, including ice and snow removal, on 360 miles of bituminous roads and 200 miles of gravel and dirt roads.
- Maintaining county road ditches for weed control and water drainage
- Repair and replacement of road signage and legends.
- Issuance of permits; extra legal loads, encroachment permits entering County roads.