The food safety program monitors all retail food facilities in Mariposa County to ensure a safe and wholesome food supply for the public. Food facilities include restaurants, markets, bakeries, liquor stores, bars, bed and breakfasts, food service vehicles and carts, and food service operations at fairs, festivals, and other special events.
- Educate food facility owners and operators about food safety in their facilities.
- Inspect facilities for sanitation and food safety where food is eaten, processed, sold, or stored.
- Investigate complaints of suspected foodborne illness, unsanitary conditions, and other problems affecting food safety.
- Review plans for new construction or remodel of food facilities and inspect for proper construction.
- Initiate and monitor corrective actions to ensure food safety at regulated facilities.
Bed and breakfast page
Community Food Event page
A community event is defined as:
"…an event that is of civic, political, public, or educational nature, including state and county fairs, city festivals, circuses, and other public gathering events approved by the local enforcement agency." - CalCode Section 113755
COTTAGE FOOD OPERATIONS FORMS
Applications and forms
- Bed and Breakfast Application Requirements (PDF)
- California Food Handler Card (PDF)
- California Retail Food Code (PDF)
- Catering Application (PDF)
- Catering Requirements (PDF)
- Certified Farmer's Market Vendor Sampling Guidance (PDF)
- Commissary Authorization (PDF)
- Community Event Food Organizer Permit (PDF)
- Community Event Food Vendor Application (PDF)
- Food Facility Permit To Operate Application (PDF)
- Food Facility Plan Check Guide (PDF)
- Food Safety Training (PDF)
- Grease Pumping Services (PDF)
- Keeping Food Safe During An Emergency (PDF)
- Non-Profit Donation Confirmation (PDF)
- Temporary Food Facility Guidelines (PDF)
- Water Quality Monitoring Schedule (PDF)