Community Partners and Member Boards
Community agencies are integral partners of Mariposa County Health and Human Services Agency. They provide a wide variety of services in the community that tie in with the services of the HHSA. Each of these community agencies not only provide needed services, they can also use your help as a volunteer to maintain the high quality of services provide by community partners in Mariposa County. Please use the links on the right to navigate through the agencies and programs available through our community partners.
- Alliance for Community Transformations provides responsive and preventative services to individuals and families, and works through partnerships and collective action to create truly safe, healthy and socially just communities where every member thrives. Based in Mariposa and Merced Counties, there are six programs that help us achieve our mission: Mountain Crisis Services, Valley Crisis Center, Ethos Youth Center, Mariposa Heritage House, CASA (Court-Appointed Special Advocates) of Mariposa, and Connections emergency shelter.
- Connections is an Emergency Shelter. People with a housing crisis will be able to come to Connections and be connected with the appropriate supportive services provided by our community partners. Our goal is to end homelessness.
- Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) of Mariposa County seeks to serve the needs of children who, for their own protection, have been removed from their homes and placed in foster care. The goals of CASA of Mariposa County are to prevent these abused, neglected and abandoned children from becoming lost in the Juvenile Dependency system and to help find them a safe, permanent home as soon as possible.
- Disability Resources Agency for Independent Living (DRAIL) has provided services to anyone experiencing difficulties in significant life areas due to a disability. DRAIL has provided over 51,000 services to individuals to assist with removing barriers, so they can reach their independence. DRAIL’s six core counties served are Amador, Calaveras, Mariposa, Tuolumne, San Joaquin and Stanislaus. DRAIL works to assist consumers coping with the effects of all disabilities at all life stages.
- Ethos empowers diverse young people within the local community. We believe that each young person deserves the opportunity to be recognized as an individual, participate fully in their community, and thrive in a place of creativity, security, and support. Ethos has a number of different components with and for the young people of Mariposa. Feel free to explore our web site to learn more. At our on site location we offer free counseling, school tutoring, food(of course) and a safe place for youth 12-18yrs to hang out and establish relationships with caring adults.
- First 5 also known as the Children and Families Commission, Mariposa County, was created in 1999. The actions of the Commission are guided by the needs of Mariposa children and families. The vision and mission as outlined in the strategic plan serve as a roadmap for achieving successful outcomes for children and their families in Mariposa.
- Infant/Child Enrichment Services, Inc. (ICES) provides a variety of child care and parenting support services to families in Tuolumne and Mariposa counties including child care resource and referral, child care subsidies, recruitment and training of child care professionals and parent education and support.
- John C. Fremont Healthcare District community hospital serving the greater Mariposa County region. Provides links and information regarding general and mental health resources.
- Mother Lode Job Connection provides access to information and services available in Amador, Calaveras, Mariposa and Tuolumne Counties to help job seekers and employers.
- Mariposa Heritage House has been in continuous operation since first established in 2001 when it opened its doors as a program of Mariposa County’s Department of Human Services. Since then it has gained recognition as a unique drop-in Recovery Support Center and in 2011, Mariposa Heritage House joined the team of programs at the Alliance for Community Transformations.
- Mariposa Safe Families is a nonprofit organization promoting safe and healthy families by helping build community and deliver services in Mariposa County; coordinates community efforts to prevent and respond to child abuse.
- Mountain Crisis Services believe in the personal strength of individuals to make decisions that affect their lives. We seek to prevent domestic and sexual violence by advocating for positive changes in the societal systems that may lead to oppression, fostering a better understanding of domestic and sexual violence through community education, and providing culturally relevant direct services that empower victims of abuse and their children. We are dedicated to providing services to people in Mariposa County affected by domestic violence and sexual assault.
- Native Solutions Family Guidance Center is a Non Profit agency that was founded by minority female that collaborates with numerous Native American Tribes and offers multitude of different services, including grant consulting, NICWA advocacy and supervised family visitations, DUI Program and Recovery Groups. (some services require referrals or court/DMV/Probation orders)
The Health and Human Services Agency oversees many members boards. These boards provide valuable information for the community. They identify community and family needs, research effective strategies and recommend appropriate programs. These member boards include:
- Alcohol and Other Drugs Advisory Board
- Behavioral Health Board
- Boards Committees and Commissions listed by department
- Calaveras Mariposa Community Action Agency (CMCAA)
- In-Home Supportive Services Advisory Committee
- Mariposa Local Childcare Planning Council
- Mariposa Shared Leadership Committee