Community Food Events


A community event is defined as: "…an event that is of civic, political, public, or educational nature, including state and county fairs, city festivals, circuses, and other public gathering events approved by the local enforcement agency." - CalCode Section 113755

Do I need a permit?

If there is food at your event and it is open to the public - you need to get a temporary food facility permit. 

  • Selling food
  • Giving food away
  • Potlucks and fundraisers
  • Cook-offs and contests…….all require permits for food booths

What should I do if I am planning a community event?

As the event organizer, you must complete the Community Event Food Organizer Application and have each food booth vendor complete a Community Event Food Vendor Application. As the event organizer, you are responsible for submitting all completed food vendor applications as well as the permit application to the Mariposa County Environmental Health Department no later than two weeks prior to the event starting date. 

Am I required to pay fees?

Single-Day Event:                          No charge

Event Coordinator Permit               $ 69.00 

Multi-Day Event for Profit:              $154.00 

Multi-Day Event for Non-Profit:      $ 77.00 

Non-Profit please submit your 501(C)(3) form or if donating profits please complete the Non-Profit Donation Confirmation form (PDF)

Veterans exempt with submission of DD214 form  (Alcohol excluded from exemption)

How do I submit my payment?

Fees can be paid by cash, check or by credit card at GovPayNow

What are the food vendor requirements?

Temporary Food Facility Guidelines (PDF)

What if I am not an event organizer but I plan on Participating in a special event?

Complete the Community Event Food Vendor Application (PDF) and submit it to our office at least two weeks prior to the event. 

Current Forms and Applications

Resources and Links