Mariposa Biomass Project
Project Description & Overview
The Mariposa County Planning Department has received an application for a Conditional Use Permit from the Mariposa Biomass Project. Application No. CUP 2017-117
- The proposed project is for a 2.4 MW Bioenergy Facility and a woodchip storage yard, which would be located in the Mariposa Industrial Park.
- The project parcels are 2.86 and 2.41 acres and located at 5673/5686 Copper Leaf Dr., Mariposa. APN's 012-050-066 and 012-050-067
- Parcels are in the Mountain General zone and in the Natural Resources land use designation within the Expanded Mariposa Town Planning Study Area.
- The site is also subject to PDZ 87 to 1 (Ordinance 696), which will regulate the development of this project.
The project requires a conditional use permit, environmental review and public hearings.
Appeal of Planning Commission Approval of the Mariposa Biomass Project - Conditional Use Permit (CUP) No. 2017-117. Ruth Sellers, Et Al. Appellant.
The Board of Supervisors adopted Resolution No. 2018-357 Denying the appeal at their meeting of July 17, 2018. The Resolution and Agenda item may be found at:
- Resolution 2018-357 (PDF)
- The July 17, 2018 Board of Supervisors Agenda Item L. Appeal No. 2018 051 Planning Commission Project Approval Documents
- The project was approved at the February 23, 2018 Planning Commission Meeting
The links below are for the Planning Commission Agenda Item and the Final Approval Resolution:
Planning Commission Public Hearing for the Biomass Project
- Date: February 23, 2018
- Time: 9 a.m. (or as soon thereafter as possible)
- Place: 5100 Bullion Street, Mariposa CA. Board of Supervisors Chambers
Notice of Public Hearing & Intent to Adopt a Subsequent Mitigated Negative Declaration (PDF)
State Clearinghouse Number 2018011038
Agency Commenting & Preliminary Review
The Agency commenting request is underway. This step solicits comments from agencies and departments with regulatory purview over aspects of the proposed project. This step is not designed for public comments. As the project moves forward there will be many steps including multiple opportunities for public comment on the project. Until that occurs, additional project details are included in the Agency Request for Comments that may be found at Mariposa Biomass Preliminary Agency Comment and Project Submittals (PDF).
This web page will be updated as the project progresses so please check back for additional information.
If you have any questions please feel free and Email Steve Engfer, the project planner